We are always looking for new ways to prepare wild game. Hunting isn’t just about sport for us. We choose to eat what we hunt, and have some really great recipes that we want to share with you. This recipe for Cherry Balsamic Glazed Pheasant Breasts with Sweet Potatoes & Mixed Greens is really delicious! Try it for yourself and let us know what you think, but we’re pretty sure you won’t be disappointed.
— Cherry Balsamic Glazed Pheasant Breasts with Sweet Potatoes & Mixed Greens
(4) Pheasant Breasts
(4) Sweet Potatoes
(4TBSP) Balsamic Vinegar
(2TBSP) Black Cherry Jam
(1/2TSP) Sugar (to taste)
• Wash and Dry All Produce. Preheat oven to 425. Dice Sweet Potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Toss with drizzle of avocado oil and salt & pepper (to taste) and then roast aprox 20-25 mins until crispy and tender.
• Halve Lemon. Halve, peel and thinly slice Shallot.
• Heat drizzle of avocado Oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat dry pheasant with paper towel, and season all over with salt & pepper. Cook aprox 3 min per side. Remove from pan and set aside. Remove pan from heat but do not wipe out pan drippings!
• Turn stovetop heat down just below medium, add another drizzle of oil to the pan used to cook pheasant and return to heat. Add shallot to pan, keep shallots moving in pan to prevent sticking or over-cooking and cook until softened and translucent, aprox 3-4 min. Pour in Balsamic Vinegar and let simmer until reduced by half, aprox 5-7 min. Stir in black cherry jam and 2TBSP water. Season with a bit of salt & pepper and if needed a bit of sugar. Add in butter, stirring to incorporate.
• While sauce cooks, toss salad mix with a large squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of avocado oil, toss and season with salt & pepper in a large bowl.
• Return pheasant breasts to pan with sauce, turning to coat in the glaze. Allow to cook an additional min or two, careful to not over cook meat. Serve with sweet potatoes and tossed salad! (Serve remaining glaze on the side if you like!)
(We paired this meal with Meiomi Pinot Noir 2017! The 🍷)